POSITION SUMMARY: Elevate Home Health is currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to serve on a full time basis. The QA Med Coder & Reimbursement Specialist will preferrably hold a license as Registered Nurse (RN) as well. This is a remote work site position.
The QA Med Coder & Reimbursement Specialist performs work of applying the appropriate diagnostic and procedural ICD10 codes to individual patient health record, OASIS C2, and care plan review. The specialist will use their Home Health knowledge to assure that treatment plans meet the patient's needs while achieving excellent clinical and financial outcomes.
We are a member of the Covenant Care family, and that “family” includes over 8,500 professionals in 7 states. We provide a unique focus on rehabilitative and chronic disease management programs to our patients in their home or community setting.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
• Analyzes and interprets patient medical records within an area of medical/clinical specialty (Home Health) in order to determine the accurate procedure codes (ICD10) and Oasis C2 data.
• Utilizes advanced, specialized knowledge of medical codes and coding procedures to assign and sequence appropriate diagnostic/procedure codes.
• Assists with ensuring agency clinical documentation including care plans, is compliant with all applicable state, federal, local, Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
• Collaborates with internal agency audiences to identify and problem-solve quality related issues.
• Helps to educate clinical staff regarding the clinical and financial quality of the medical care plan, and assists with risk management activities including identifying potential risk.
• Ensures strict confidentiality of financial and medical records in compliance with Health Insurance Portability Act.
We reward our employees’ contributions to our success by offering competitive compensation and benefits. A highlight of the many employee benefits available at Elevate Home Health includes: